Take the stress out of mealtimes at your house with these delicious freezer meal recipes for large families. Suppertime just got easier!
I know what it’s like feeding a large family. We have 7 children including some growing teens who seem to always be hungry, so I understand how freezer meal planning can help.
It can be difficult to find recipes when it seems like most meals are designed to feed a family of four. If you’re looking for large family recipes, I’ve got you covered!
With these large family freezer meals, you’ll be able to easily plan your freezer cooking day now that the recipe ideas are taken care of.
Freezer Meal Recipes for Large Families:
Cilantro Lime Chicken with Corn and Black Beans is one of our favourites. I especially like the bright colours in the bag that reassure me that it’s a healthy meal that I can feel proud to feed my family.
Our Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork has just the right amount of kick to it. It’s an easy freezer to crock pot recipe that feeds a large family when served on buns with a salad. We like to have garlic mayo between the bun and the meat on ours.
This freezer Corn Chowder recipe is one that we make every single time we do freezer cooking. In fact, we quadruple the recipe so that we have 4 bags. That way, if we have company over, we can easily take out a second bag to heat up.
Try the Mild Italian Sausage and Pepper Bake from Large Family Table. Jamerrill is a large family mom who knows what she’s talking about when it comes to make ahead meals.
The recipe for this Easy Homemade Lasagna from Food Meanderings is over 100 years old. It has certainly withstood the test of time. Lasagnas are a great option when feeding a large family because you can make several at one time if one isn’t enough for the size or appetite of your crew.
One of the things that large families have to contend with is accommodating for different allergies. It can be hard to find recipes that work for everyone. The Baked Ziti at Strength and Sunshine is gluten free, vegan, and soy free.
More Large Family Freezer Meals:
Yum! The Creamy Baked Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti at Faith and Food for Busy Moms is perfect for batch cooking. It’s budget friendly and freezes well.
The Beef Enchilada Casserole from Awe Filled Homemaker is cooked in the Instant Pot, making it an even easier freezer cooking meal.
Intentional by Grace’s Mexican Chicken Chili is a nice blend of flavours that can be made ahead and cooked in the slow cooker.
The family friendly Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole Bake over on Large Family Table is a great meal all in one dish.
Large Family Meal Prep Tips:
- For recipes that call for cooked chicken, place the chicken on baking sheets and cook in the oven at …for… before cubing or shredding and adding to meals.
- To cook large quantities of bacon, twist the bacon and place it on a baking sheet. You will be able to fit more than 2 packs in the oven on one sheet using this method.
- Do your shopping and prep on one day and assemble the meals the next.
- Wear good running shoes to avoid getting sore feet.
- Plan your recipes around what’s on sale and what you can buy in bulk. This will save so much money and help you budget ahead of time.
- Make more than one of each recipe. I usually make 4 of each and make enough meals for 3 months at a time. But even making 2 of each recipe will enable you to save more time and money.
This will help you fill your freezer and keep more money in your wallet! What are your favourite large family freezer meal recipes?
Find more great make ahead recipes in our Beef and Chicken Dump Recipe cookbooks.
5 Secrets to Freezer Cooking Success!
Sign up for your free guide to Freezer Meal Success.