Dinners with Asian flavor are a great option for make-ahead meal prepping. And when it comes to delicious chicken dinner recipes, it doesn’t get much better than Asian sticky chicken. The delicious combination of sauce ingredients bake into a sticky glaze, adding a wonderful flavor and texture to each bite. And since you can prepare this chicken dinner ahead of time, this 5 ingredient meal is the perfect option for a busy weeknight meal.It’s the addition of peanut butter that makes this chicken one of my daughter’s favourites. Plus, all my kids think the name “Sticky Chicken” is pretty fun.
You can find this easy recipe along with many others in the Chicken Dump Recipe cookbook that also includes shopping lists and printable labels.
Asian Sticky Chicken Recipe
- 3 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 to 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Combine the chicken, olive oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, and ketchup in a large freezer bag. Squish the ingredients together to combine the chicken with the sauce.
- Remove excess air from the bag and seal to close. Freeze the ingredients until you’re ready to cook.
- Transfer the sticky chicken ingredients to the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
How Do You Thicken Sticky Chicken Sauce?
Since this Asian sticky chicken recipe is prepared in the oven, you shouldn’t have an issue with the sauce being runny when you’re ready to serve your dinner. But if you’re worried that the sauce won’t be thick enough after baking, stir together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water. Pour the mixture into the sauce before cooking. The cornstarch will help the sauce thicken as it cooks.
Asian Sticky Chicken Recipe Ideas
Since this simple recipe can easily be customized, it’s the perfect easy dinner to serve your family! Try these recipe adjustments and ideas to create a delicious meal that your family is sure to love.
- Make it gluten free. You can easily make this a gluten free dish by substituting the traditional soy sauce with gluten free soy sauce, tamari sauce, or coconut aminos.
- Serve over rice. Round out your sticky chicken dinner by serving the chicken over white or brown rice. While your chicken is baking in the oven, prepare a batch of rice to serve with your dinner.
- Try different cuts of chicken. While boneless breasts or thighs are a great option for quick cooking, you can use a variety of different chicken pieces with this sauce. Chicken wings and drumsticks are great options for bone-in chicken that cooks quickly and easily.
Easy chicken marinade meals are so nice to have in the freezer. Check out these other super fast to assemble chicken dump meals:
- Spicy Chipotle Chicken
- That Lady’s Chicken
- Maple Cranberry Chicken
- Lemon Mustard Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken
- 3 to 5 chicken breasts boneless, skinless or 8 to 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
Combine the chicken, olive oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, and ketchup in a large freezer bag. Squish the ingredients together to combine.
Remove excess air, seal, and freeze.
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.