The delicious combination of sweet honey, tangy garlic and ginger, and salty soy sauce give this simple slow cooker recipe tons of Asian flavor. But the best part about preparing this make-ahead meal is that you can prep the ingredients in advance and freeze everything until you’re ready to start eating. After that, just dump the ingredients for this honey garlic pork chops recipe into the slow cooker and let it do all the hard work of cooking your dinner for you.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 pounds pork chops
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Place the pork chops in a large resealable freezer bag.
- Add the soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and brown sugar to the bag. Seal the opening and squish the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Remove excess air from the bag, seal it, and place it in the freezer until ready to start cooking.
- Transfer the pork chops to the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- To make the pork chops in the Crockpot, Pour the contents of the bag into the bowl of your slow cooker and set to cook on low for four to five hours.
- To prepare the pork chops in the oven, transfer the contents of the bag into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until the meat is white in the center.
How Do I Store Honey Garlic Pork Chops?
When your family is finished enjoying their flavorful pork chop dinner, you should store any leftovers you have in the refrigerator. Transfer the pork chops to an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to three days.
You can reheat your leftover pork chops in the microwave or in a 350 degree oven.
What to Serve with Honey Garlic Pork Chops?
These sweet and salty pork chops make a delicious main course for dinner. But if you plan on adding them to your meal plan this week, you’re going to need some side dish ideas to go along with them! Try serving these simple sides with your pork chops to help round out your meal.
- White or brown rice
- Fried rice
- Roasted vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- Side salads
- Stir fry vegetables
- Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or snow peas
- Cauliflower rice
- Rice noodles
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey melted
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Place the pork chops in a large resealable freezer bag.
Add the soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and brown sugar to the bag. Seal the opening and squish the ingredients together until well mixed.
Remove excess air from the bag, seal, and freeze.
Pour the contents of the bag into slow cooker and cook on low for four to five hours.
Transfer the contents of the bag into a baking dish and bake at 350° for 45 minutes until the meat is white in the center.
Note that sometimes the bones in pork chops can create holes in the bag so I suggest double bagging this or using a silicone freezer bag.