This beefy rice casserole is an easy family friendly freezer meal. It’s great for taking out and cooking in the slow cooker on busy weekdays.
Beefy Rice Crock Pot Recipe:
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup uncooked long grain converted rice
- Place the uncooked rice in a medium sized resealable freezer bag. Seal.
- Brown the beef.
- Chop the onion and green pepper.
- Add the cooled ground beef, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, and seasonings to a large resealable freezer bag.
- Squish to combine.
- Remove the excess air and seal.
- Staple the bag containing the rice to the larger bag above the seal.
- Remove the staples (carefully).
- Dump the contents of both bags to the slow cooker.
- Add one cup of water and stir.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- 1.5 lbs cooked ground beef
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain converted rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
Place the uncooked rice in a medium-sized resealable bag and seal.
Chop the onion and green pepper.
Add the browned ground beef that you cooked the night before, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, and seasonings to a large resealable bag. Squish everything in that bag together.
Remove the excess air from the bag and seal.
Staple the medium bag of uncooked rice to the large bag above the seal.
On the day of cooking, take the meal out of the freezer and thaw it.
Carefully take out the staples and add the contents of both bags to the slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water and stir.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
This family-friendly freezer meal is included in our Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Plan which has recipes, shopping lists, and printable labels.
Check out these other family-friendly crockpot freezer meals: